I have never asked for these kids but you have given them anyway.
Things just happened the way they did and so here I am, sometimes lost, sometimes bewildered…
It feels like everything that I do is never enough for them and even I admit that I have never been anything good with regards to rearing these youngs.
And so I ask these things so I may be able to at least do something right in being a mother of these children. Help me, God.
- Keep them away from my anger, so they may be able to take refuge somewhere else safe;
- Don’t allow them to be impoverished by laziness, over indulgence, pride, overspending, and the like;
- Refine them from being boisterous, loud, and proud;
- Guide them daily, so they may be able to discern wise from unwise;
- Let them befriend wisdom;
- Help them learn cleanliness and orderliness;
- Make them appreciate all the simple things in life, that they may take a break from gadgets, televisions, and many more; and
- Last but the greatest, take care of them and make your word and glory known to them, but never testing them, only delivering them from evil as was said in the formula prayer that you taught your disciples, Lord.
These I ask of you, my Dear God, my saviour, my provider, my everything.
P.S.: Have I ever thanked You, Lord, for giving them to me? Thank you for these little ones. Them three (DEXTER, DAVIES, DENISSE). Sweet little creatures who came from my womb (2011, 2016, 2019).